Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update: showerhead

I am very, very sad to report that the showerhead, while shiny and gorgeous, does not "do it" for me. The water pressure just isn't intense enough. I'm keeping it anyway -- I mean, we did get pretty...involved, for a while there so I can't just kick it to the curb -- but my plans for big happy fun shower time are rather dashed. Le sigh!

It's time for another disappointing update: I have made no progress on Operation Tranny Fisting. Our schedule has prevented the kind of time comittment that this kind of venture necessitates, but I am hoping to give that another go within the next week.

Update #3: testosterone. We were recently lucky enough to become patients at the Sherbourne Clinic here in Toronto and we're under the care of one of two doctors on the LGBT floor. (We have our very own floor. I am...floored!) Daddy was able to get his T rx the very day we met her, and she even suggested that he move his shots from every 14 days to every 10 days to help him deal with the emotional flux that is common around day 12-14! He is thrilled, I am thrilled, and things are going *very* well on that front. Every day I bless T and the heightened libido that it brings to our relationship, and now I have something else to be thankful for: Sherbourne. I have never before felt so comfortable with and accepted by not just our doctor, but by every single person that works there. We waited about two and a half months to become patients but it was worthwhile. They are so trans-positive -- and not just trans-positive, but genderqueer-positive too. When they process you as a new patient, they take down your legal name, and also your chosen name, if you have one. And that's the one they use for you while you're there. I could write a novel about them, but the best thing I can say is what our intake counselor told us: they run the clinic the way the world *should* be: everyone is accepted just as they are, nobody is judged, and they constantly try to evolve with the changing needs of the communities that they serve. I wish I could work there, too.

3 comments:

Essin' Em said...

Sorry to hear about the shower :(

Keep us updated on trannyfisting - I am quite interested (for obvious reasons).

What a wonderful clinic...if only we had places like that in the US...there may be some in SF or NYC, but none in the other cities. I'm so happy for the two of you!

Ms. Avarice said...

i'm pleased to hear about the clinic! congratulations, dear :)

M. Monkey said...

Thank you both! I, too, wish that clinics like Sherbourne were the norm rather than the exception. Everyone deserves access to healthcare that addresses more than just one's physical needs. Respect and dignity are just as important!